Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Elephants are everywhere...


I know you think I'm kidding, regarding elephants being everywhere, but I'm not. Last Tuesday I brought this poem to read to my "group" at school. It has the line in it "And as elephants parade holding each elephant's tail, but if one wanders the circus won't find the park" and that was the only line of the poem people seemed to want to talk about. A bummer because it's a great poem.

One of the group members who is particularly awake (in terms of the poem) missed this session because she was in Ireland at a psychological conference. At the time she would have been in group she was having a dream about elephants spouting water with their trunks. She didn't know what it was about. AND she didn't know until yesterday that elephants was what we talked about last week. Very very weird. That she would dream about elephants right when we were discussing them.

Also ironic, that she was in Ireland for a counseling session on things like "splitting" (a counseling term) from self, other, or in the case of Ireland, also on a national level. This is what that line in the elephant poem seems to be about.

Then yesterday the restaurant I was picking up Thai take out from was closed. So I went to a different place. They had me wait in a special room that had this elephant in the picture above. It took up the entire wall. This is my favorite Thai place and I've been there many times, but never seen the elephant before. What's with elephants?

4 comments:

Random Reflections said...

I can't account for the elephants, but that poem is great. It has some fantastic images in it and I like the end. Thanks for pointing it out (again).

Meghan said...

So awesome... did she tell you what elephants mean? And who do you think the elephants were meant for -- you, her, the class, or everbody? I love the crazy synchronicity of the world!

(no subject) said...

i love how life works like that sometimes...almost like it's trying to say something...=)

titration said...

Hey rr, I agree. I love the poem.

meghan, no she didn't tell me what elephants are about! She said she'd copy the pages but I won't be at class next week. :(

no subject, I just wish I knew what the elephants were about though....