- We are taught to read scripture in community so things don't get "off" (you know crazy talk), but... What do you do when a community reaches a stalemate?
- I get why the Church (universal) changes so slowly and why some things never change. The church is to be more of a thermostat and less of a thermometer. But then how does change in such an institution happen?
- What would God think if I got married (in a state/country that has same sex marriage)? And how would I go about that in a godly way?
- Is it ok if I lead chapel? I used to (like I did last year). The reason I worry it wouldn't be is because if people knew they might not want me to. But j said that's dumb. I did it before and nothing has changed about me.
- I asked my parents to tell me what questions they have so I can think about them before hand. They said they don't have questions they want to hear my story. What do I tell? What details do I leave out or in? What's the best way to tell such a story?
- What do I actually think? (Verses what all these very different voices from books and really different people think.)
- Am I being a bad example because I am displaying all of my wrestling with faith and sexuality on this blog?
- How do I explain what's going on in me to such divergent groups: to my family, to my church friends, to people who think christianity is of no use... with integrity? I sometimes hope my blog helps me name "what is" no matter who is reading it. To practice as much authenticity as I can muster. Am I being a bad example of faith because of my doubt?.
- Why am I a christian? (I've been asking this to everyone lately... Why are you a christian?)
- Am I being too selfish and myopic in this season of my life? I'm cocooning a bit.
- What do I think of sin now?
- I think it's unhealthy to say "I should" But are there shoulds?
- What does God want me to know about all this?
- What did my dream about my grandfathers wood cabinate filled with cross carvings "up for sale" mean?
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
The questions of the last 24 hours
When I was in bible college we were taught to always question. Rilke says "Love the questions." So these are my questions from the last 24 hours. And yes I am constantly told I think a lot! (liadan responded to all of these on her blog as well so for more on this go there...)