1. What were you doing ten years ago?
1997 - I was in my first year of Seminary getting my Masters of theology degree (actually deciding between a M.Theo and an M.Div). I think that was the year I got my Old testament professor to let me test out of Old Testament class because i was bored and frustrated and he was crabby with me for questioning him all the time about why he wasn't using womanist theologians.... Especially when it came to discussing the OT figure of Hagar.
My roommate was a woman who was also in seminary training to be a missionary. She was a really great roommate! My favorite seminary roommate. For some odd reason she brought out children's songs in me. For the first two months I was her roommate I suddenly had this memory of the entire lyrics and music to about 50 children's songs that I couldn't recall before or after. Songs I may have only sung once or twice. Something like that has never happened to me before or since. I attribute this to some fantastic child-like play transference vibes going on.
2. What were you doing one year ago?
Um. Probably still thinking about the "vagina monologues" that I had seen just a month or so previous. (Um. Can I just say they rocked my world?) It's why I decided I didn't want a totally dead neutered sexuality. And that's where I decided it was time to start being braver. I have a future post about all this I may put up some day. I recently rented the V-Day DVD from netflix and it reminded me of this and the conversations with JH I had, all over again.
3. What are five snacks you enjoy?
Chocolate, cheese, pears, popcorn, licorice
4. What are five songs you know the lyrics to?
They are all hymns and stuff: All the way my savior leads me, there is a redeemer, silent night, away in the manger, I actually have a bad memory for lyrics even if I hear the song one hundred times. I just feel the vibe not memorize the words. So most of the songs I know the words too are little kids songs.
5. Five Things You Would Do If You Were A Millionaire
- tithe (somewhere)
- pay back my student loans
- invest a lot of it for the purpose of this "dreaming the eight" scholarship idea I had after reading the book "the eight" by Kathleen Neville.
- Save some for emergencies
- Travel (O, permagrin'ing.)
6. Five Bad Habits (I couldn't think of them... I know I have them...) So I am changing the question to five good habits, or things I think should be habits if they aren't already.
- Prayer and meditation
- Lighting candles often and just sitting.
- Running or working etc. (instead of cutting)
- Celebrating everything with flowers: sending them to people :). And buying them when I do brave things and remembering birthdays with them, and stopping to smell the roses.
- Making Art/writing poetry
reading (of course), writing, drinking coffee, taking really long walks, kissing
8. Five Things You Would Never Wear
high-waisted pants, clogs (not sure why I just don't like them), a weapon, really dangly earings (I have fears of them being ripped out), blackface
9. Five Favorite Toys
computer, camera, ipod, remote control, Um... tc, what do you think goes here? :)
10. Five Things You Hate To Do
Visiting the dentist, visiting the doctor, being late, anything by force, eating sweet potatoes with marshmellows that my mom makes EVERY thanksgiving (yuck!).