- Both friends I visited/stayed with have children under two. Really cute kids. I adore kids, but am so glad I’m not a mom right now!
- Picked up freysings and headed for kw's house. Painted a mini-town for kw’s son's room. It’s pretty cool if I do say so myself. It’s about six by four feet and stands out for the wall with little cubby holes for a kid to walk into and play in. I’ll post pictures if I get some.
- I outed myself to another of my christian friends, G. She said, “Am I dreaming?" I said "No, no you are not dreaming." She was pretty cool although who knows what she thinks in her head. She asked about how other mutual friends of ours reacted and I went down the list of them.
- I realized while falling asleep last night that in total now I’ve told around 43 people. It sure didn't/doesn't feel like I've told that many people. I think the reason it feels like less people is because it's only a couple people in each environment: four people at school, six at work, four at church...
- I decided after talking to my friends freysings and kw that I will not be sending a books to my parents with the letter to them telling them I’m gay.
- My favorite conversation this weekend was one freysings and I had about intellectual/philosophical dis-equilibration. eg. When you are 18 and go to college what you learn dis-equilibrates the way you see the world. And that is a good thing and often done on purpose. It's good because then you have to re-gain your balance re: what you think and believe (which hopefully will be more true to you). Or in other words, it helps so you question what you believe to find out if it's what you actually believe yourself.
I think this is what's happened to me at least three times in my life. At 18 in bible college. in Seminary, and this year.
Monday, July 30, 2007