Tuesday, June 5, 2007

On saying what I'm not doing

Sometimes it's hard for me to say what I want and need. I know what I want, but I fear that naming will cost me a friendship.

This morning I sent an email to "y" articulating what I need and/or can handle now. Basically what I am not doing. It was hard for some reason. I want to please people and it's not really going to be what she wants.

Anyway, for now I've articulated: No more overnights. I don't want to meet or hang out with the people she is dating. And I'm not going to throw out my manual until I'm in a monogamous committed dating relationship.

2 comments:

Zuzu said...

Good for you! I wonder, why do you have those kinds of conversations/interactions via email? It seems to me the kind of thing one says in person, or at least over the phone. Just wondering. - Zuzu

titration said...

She lives an hour 1/2 away and figuring out talking in person is tricky, especially now. And the phone would be good/better to be perfectly honest sometimes email is easier for me.