Friday, April 20, 2007

My switching work theory & Fun with Yahoo! subject-o-matic

I think I'd put this whole blog post under "things that help". Mostly because listening to well spoken professors talk about topics I'm interested really adds to my mental health. :)

I'm taking today off of work to go to a weekend class in counseling victims of domestic violence. If you can look forward to such a thing I am looking forward to the learning I am going to be doing. The professor is really quite fantastic. Lucky for me my work place supports my outside learning. And I think it makes me a better employee.

Switching between school and work restores me. It's the theory I stole from the Sherlock Holmes books I read before bed. In one of the stories he describes how he rests by switching work, not by resting. So he will play violin to rest from doing chemical experiments. Or something similar. I do the same thing and it really does help me. When I'm burnt out on my job I learn about counseling and theology etc. And then I'm more apt to come back to my job ready to start again.

Another thing that helps... Humor! Now onto fun with Yahoo! mail.

So let's say, hypothetically speaking, that I have 5 email addresses. And 3 for work, 2 google, and 1 yahoo. So I was about to email zuzu in yahoo and I accidentally hit the subject button. Guess what? They have this thing called "subject-o-matic" and it is hilarious. About 20 minutes of time wasting chuckling! Quality. Yes I am very easily entertained. And proud of it, thank you very much!
Here are some of my favorite Yahoo! Subject-o-matic items that came up. And what's even more fun is imagining who you might send an email to with that subject line... :)
My mono isn't getting better...it could turn into stereo
It's not you, it's me. I don't like you.
What's the corkage fee at McDonald's?
rotating platinum pants
Don't tempt me to unleash the one-legged space chickens!
we have located your pants
Quote me as saying I was misquoted.
Sorry I missed you. Stand still next time.
Some Powdered Muffin with your Starfish, Dr Arbuckle?
Cinco de Mayonnaise
Jeremy! What have I told you about the correct way to butter crumpets?
due to an imbalance of hormones i have been sick
Flossing with angel hair pasta



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did the same thing and found:

"Some Powdered Muffin with your Starfish, Dr Arbuckle?" (which i am actually going to use)

"YOU! off my Planet!"

^^ good times.