Sunday, April 22, 2007

Domestic Violence class & a little adventure

1) All day Friday and all day Sat. I sat learning in a course on counseling people who have experienced domestic violence. It was intense but SO important! The statistics on domestic violence are stunning and it so very sad. Multiple times during class I felt a bit choked up, especially when we talked about how kids see violence, hear it, and then learn it. If you are experiencing violence there are people who can help! Please get help. 1-800-799-SAFE.

2) I drove to a large university to meet up with "y" and see her dance. She was very good. I stayed overnight. And no nothing happened. It was just really really pleasant just to hang out. Great conversations. Though we are intentionally becoming friends I think this was a date? Only because in our last IM conversation we defined it so. And what i want to know is what do you do when your date gives you the book "Seducing the virgin"? Um. I don't really know what to say about that.

3) I met "e" to go walking and have ice cream. It so lovely. Good people watching and conversation and I laughed a fair bit. One part that was not as fun for me though was that before I knew what I was doing somehow I heard coming out of my mouth three things I've wanted to say or ask about in an imaginary world, but suddenly I was actually asking and saying them. Stuff to do with worrying she's helping me, that's I've wondered recently what she would comment on if she read my blog, and how I made this goal pre-my last birthday about kissing. Who know's what else it's all a blur. My mouth seems to have a mind of it's own and now I felt a bit stupid about it. Still I was fully me in saying what I did. And right now seeing if I can be me and be authentic and vulnerable and still be friends etc. with people is important to me.

Anyway "e" if you do find this blog you know who you are, um. welcome?

No comments: