Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Sleep matters!

I think I played too hard this weekend. :) I am tired. I am thinking a ton. (when am I not) However, I've found it wonderful lately to light a ton of candles and sit in silence. Last night I did that while working on my take home final. Which I need to look at one more time before I hand it in. And of course there's work I need to get to. I think that when I am buzzing and almost "too tired" the lighting candles and being still ritual helps me rest.

So my thought for the day is that getting enough sleep is important! Just getting enough sleep alone can cause a person to be more mentally healthy and coherent. Which was the topic of a major discussion in my counseling class last week. We discussed noticing when someone we are counseling is just plain tired and not mentally unstrung. :) The list of how we act when we are tired verses how we act and function when we don't have enough sleep is telling. Self care matters and sleep matters. And tonight I'm going to get some.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tonight you're going to get some, eh? ;)

-t

titration said...

t, LOL. when I first read this I forgot what I wrote about and thought "What?!" and then figured out you meant sleep. Or knowing you probably did mean....

titration said...

Can we all say Freudian slip?