Friday, August 29, 2008

Del Martin and more things to share

So first of all before I post some links of things you may want to read I am going to be visiting my parents for Labor day. I think I'm going to bring with the documentary "For the bible tells me so" and leave it there with them, in case they watch it someday. 

In other news... This morning Zuzu sent me this story. 

Lesbian rights pioneer Del Martin dies at 87 What I think is most stunning is that this picture is of them getting married. "This year, on June 16, she and her partner of 55 years, Phyllis Lyon, were legally wed." Arg. Check out the story and other pictures!

I have to go pack and get ready to leave so this post is short, but my last thought is: That it was totally cool last night to hear Obama reference how gay and lesbian brothers and sisters deserve to visit the person they love in the hospital. I was shocked because I didn't think I would ever hear something like that in a speech. It is one of the things I am most afraid of. That Lo would be hurt and they wouldn't let me in to see her. And he mentioned that in his speech. 

2 comments:

Zuzu said...

she could make you her medical power of attorney, or alternate, and you'd have the paper giving you right to enter.

(no subject) said...

ya know, i've always been afraid of that. and r was in the ER twice when we were together last spring and i was very lucky. the first time her mom was in town so i was allowed in, but amazingly i was never asked to leave. the second time, i had to take her in and it was way more obvious that we were a couple because of the way i was treating her and we were acting. and again, i was completely amazed that i was treated so well by the hospital. we were seen kissing at one point and i was always holding her hand when the nurse or doctor came in but never once was i asked to leave or anything. i am still scared tho that one day i'll be with my gf and i won't be allowed in the hospital, or vice-versa. it was really great to hear obama say that, i agree.