Monday, June 2, 2008

Today I learned what a Quark is

Today's mini adventures.
  1. Listening to the speaking of faith podcast from NPR (that just won a webby award) I learned that the word quark came from a James Joyce novel and so it's really a literary word not a scientific word. Quarks are what combine to form protons and neutrons, in each case taking exactly three quarks to make the composite particle. What if a quark is the trinity? :)

  2. Lo teases me because when someone needs to go to bed, I say "Is it bedtime for Bonzo?" Why? I have no idea, it just seems the thing to say. And I never have known what that phrase is from. Tonight I googled it. It's the title of a 1951 movie starting Ronald Reagan. So now you know! And being my parents don't really watch movies I can't figure out where in the world I got it!

  3. I tried a new drink tonight. I guess if you combine a Chardonnay wine with a lot of ice and Sierra Mist it's really good. I thought it was a pretty decent summer drink.

  4. My professor emailed me today (from my Counseling of Men) and he said
    "I read your paper. Very good work, well researched and well presented. I will put in a change of grade to an A." Did I mention he didn't like my previous one? At all! So lucky he let me re-do it. I misunderstood the directions and picked a really impossible to research topic.

  5. I have my internship solidified now. And I booked a week long vacation in August so that right before all my craziness starts I can be with Lo and her friends in a tent camping. I'm soooooo excited! Woo hoo. :)

  6. Lastly I am quite proud of my productivity at work today. I fixed a design issue I've been trying to fix (using css on the side bar) for days! Thank goodness now I can move on. Especially because the issue was so dumb. I think I was able to fix it because I was listening to Parker Palmer while I worked and that was helpful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The recipe reminds me of one I found the other day:
goodthingscatered.blogspot.com/2008/06/sauvignon-fruit-splash.html

Congrats on your internship! And thanks for the coffee this morning. ;)

Anonymous said...

What if a quark IS the trinity???

This is my kind of constructive theology. I hope you will explore this more!!!

FreyaSings