Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Random readings on this good morning

Morning all. I slept quite well and an interesting dream where I was trying to open up a closet that was cemented shut and had very important books in it. The construction workers in my dream had to pound through the cement. They got through, we opened the closet and there were old books in there. I took them with me. Wonder what that represents?

This is a quick post because I need to go read this morning for my research methods class. I am doing my class presentation on shame. What is shame, the research on shame and what it's linked to...All that jazz. If you are curious, feelings of shame are linked to things like: perfectionism, black-and-white thinking, and there is an interesting article I haven't finished reading yet on hypocrisy (masks) and shame. People confuse guilt and shame a lot. For guilt the antidote is forgiveness. For shame the antidote is acceptance. Shame is also connected with cutting. Interesting that there is perfectionism, black and white thinking, and the wearing of masks often in the lives of cutters. Makes sense that same would be there.

Also since I'm randomly sharing this morning. Here's an interesting story that AnJ found.

Published: June 10, 2008
A growing body of evidence shows that same-sex couples have a great deal to teach everyone else about marriage and relationships

1 comment:

Deb said...

I've learned that forgiveness, for not only your offender, but for yourself frees your spirit.