Thursday, February 28, 2008

Balloons of silence

I think this is more something I want to paint, but I don't have time to work on it so this will have to do. :)

On days of silence my little balloons of thought
get filled up and large
They don't flit off into the sunset
like a child's helium toy
let go of accidentally, or too soon.

They are tied to a string
and that string is tied to this chair where I sit.
In this way silence calls me to sit in color
with that red one, blue one, and yellow one.

For this time of silence my thoughts stay here
large and easy to see, closer and colored.
It's still all air and helium in my mind
but I can see what way the wind blows.

Unlike the days when my balloons travel far and fast
and are pin pricks in the sky.

3 comments:

Casdok said...

Lovely imagery.

Zuzu said...

beautiful!

(no subject) said...

i LOVE this!!!