Thursday, July 5, 2007

Recommended for me to read: Stone Butch Blues

"e" and I had coffee and she recommended I read "Stone Butch Blues" by Leslie Feinberg. So I'm listing it here on my blog to remember along with some side links. Seems this is a very important book, one I of course had never heard of before.

When I googled it these where these links that caught my attention regarding this book.
  • Leslie Feinberg's online space... transgenderwarrior.org

  • A teacher talks about teaching on the book (This teacher also has a interesting blog in and of itself.) "Today I finished teaching Leslie Feinberg’s Stone Butch Blues in my Lesbian & Gay Lit class....It’s unquestionably one of the most important GLBT novels ever written, and I sincerely love it. Perhaps more than any other book I teach, it’s a wise novel and an educational novel. Students can’t possibly come away from reading it without learning a lot about transgender issues, gender issues, race issues, class issues, and just life in general."

  • From Curve Magazine here's an interview with the author

  • An essay from thirdspace Leslie Feinberg's Stone Butch Blues, while widely recognized and celebrated as a groundbreaking portrayal of a transgendered protagonist at the time of its publication, has rarely been seriously considered as a novel....

  • The amazon.com link to it.
Maybe more later... but I read it and was very very moved by it.

No comments: