Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Taize Service at midnight

This weekend I went to an all night arts festival. Everything was open for it but I didn't think that the local churches would be. They were. It was a pretty cool thing.

One had a midnight Taize Service. Tons of people who were just around for the all night event showed up. From the sound of talk afterwards many of them were just curious. The service was something fairly approachable for new people who don't know anything about church. It involved lighting candles and minimal anxiety producing involvement. I was so very grateful to be there and for the church putting it on. I think that good kind of communal silence and lots of candles are on my list of things that make me happy.

I've been a tiny bit "off kilter" this week. It soothed me to sit and pray in such a space.

No comments: