Tuesday, April 10, 2007

My blog is my pensive

What a crazy day. I was at a local breakfast establishment at 7:30 a.m reading about dementia in the DSM IV for school, followed by a breakfast meeting that made my head hurt from both a work politics point of view and an information management point of view. Then I ran back to work for an hour and a half. This was followed by running to my one class of the week and now I'm back at work.

And amidst all of this my head has been full of the topics that are "in play" with my new friends, and from school, and from other conversations with people.

It all makes me super jealous of the pensive that Dumbledore uses in the Harry Potter books. Therefore, I'm going to pretend that this is a pensive and list out some of the topics that I'm thinking about in an effort to at least set them aside for a minute.

Topics:
  • How the minority doing all the talking is bad. I didn't talk enough when I met "Y".
  • Talking verses silence. How that typically works for people.
  • The movie "Jesus Camp"
  • The things I've seen and experienced like "Jesus Camp"
  • The body worlds exhibit
  • The fact that I think I represent 1% of the population who hasn't kissed anyone by this age. I didn't tell "E" I haven't ever kissed anyone but I did say I had a goal by my birthday I was sad about not meeting. I'm not sure if I want her to guess or pull it out of me or not. I don't want to make her feel she needs to help me out (awkward) but I sure wouldn't mind it.
  • Learnings about clinical depression.
  • What is the best response when someone tells me they wanted to take a bunch of pills yesterday. (They got help already they are just sharing after the fact).
  • Being able to stay when it's hard, from a race relations perspective.
  • Attraction, what is it, did she feel it, did I, do I want to talk about it? how it works...
  • Students a new friend is working with who are currently cutting. Sharing what I know about it.
  • Really heavy topics in class like dementia and pedophilia and abuse....
There's more topics in play, but don't you think I should try and find some fun topic in there. Everything I'm talking and thinking about feels a bit intense. And listing these items makes me even more aware of it.

Where is that pensive when I need it? Anyone want to suggest a happy topic? How about puppies? Puppies are cute? Although I am sometimes allergic.

3 comments:

M said...

Puppies: http://www.dailypuppy.com/

Zuzu said...

Puppies are AWESOME (Dogs are even better.)

I/We have just finished reading Speaker For The Dead. Now I want you to tell me what you liked most about it - which parts were most thought provoking for you..

(you can link to me.. if you want. Can I link to you?)

-Zu

titration said...

M, thanks for the puppies.

Zuzu, yes we can totally swap links. And after today when I have more time I'll think through what I liked about Speaker for the dead.