Friday, February 16, 2007

Women are better leaders?

This morning's quick preview of articles threw up this one from psychologytoday which caught my attention. I really am not sure there is such a thing as "better" in general. Perhaps just better for a certain place and time. But I do agree that in my case the women do seem to have a style that fits my workplace better than the men. Well.... with the exception of maybe one person. Not that anyone is leading. I try some days to lead my work, at least towards innovation. Today though I just want to go home and read a novel, or go on a date, or or or...

Women Make Better Leaders: "Searching for better leaders? Don't overlook the women in the office. An analysis of 45 leadership studies found that the best bosses are inspirational mentors who encourage underlings to develop their abilities and creatively change their organizations. Women, on average, are more likely than men to enact this "transformational" style."Read the rest here.

No comments: