Monday, February 12, 2007

Rescheduled, valentines, and things to do before death...

Arrrrg. Rescheduled again. My date was supposed to be tonight. And I really really wanted it to happen tonight. Not just to go on a date but also because it will put me out of my misery...since it's not the date so much, but the anticipation of it that's driving me crazy.

Really this date could be this sort of casual thing. I'm just meeting someone. But there's something about time lags that increases the interest in, and anticipation of, an event. For good or for bad I'm not sure, but I'm not really great at ignoring it. So this is the email I got just a bit ago:

i received your card. that was very sweet of you. we ended up having a regional game for bball tonight, so i can't make it. thursday night might work. not sure what you are up to.

let me know.. we will get together one of these days though, i promise!

I wrote back thurs could work, but I also have something earlier in the evening so I wondered what percentage of surity she had on "might".

O and the card.... I sent her a non-valentines day valentines day card. This basically means it wasn't red or pink and it said nothing about liking her or thinking she was cute. I just said whatever is or isn't I wanted to sent her warmth. (and I put a Starbucks gift card in there). I thought it might sway the balance of her decision to follow through on a date. :) I also have never gotten to send a valentine to anyone. I mean ever! So I thought I'd take the chance on it. Sending a valentine is on my list of things I wanted to do before I die. I think that sending a real official valentine would still be on the list. But this will tide me over. Also on the list of things I want to do before I die, kissing!

2 comments:

Zuzu said...

Kissing is GREAT! YAY for kissing - what a fabulous invention!! woooot! Sorry to hear about the rescheduling thing.. my major flag for that one was all of her "ings" - while you're scheduling and rescheduling around her thising and thating, you keep lookING! -Zu

titration said...

On the INGS, you sure did call it! And yep I'm still lookING. :) Grinning at the kissing comments.