Monday, September 15, 2008

Ohio has no electricity but I am out of there, thank goodness.

The moral of the story is never be low on gas. Even if it's not winter make sure you have a half tank. There was a wind storm in Ohio and the electricity went out in most of Ohio. I didn't have much gas so I couldn't get out of there because the gas stations couldn't serve gas because they need electricity to do so. So I was stuck over night. AAA travel assistance didn't even help because there was no way for them to get gas to us either. 

This morning we found out there was electricity 20 or so miles away in Batesville so two very nice dudes helped me get there and get gas. 

Word is they aren't going to have electricity for days. 
AEP Ohio Major Wind Storm Sept. 14, 2008 - 10:30 PM: A major wind storm swept through AEP Ohio’s service territory on Sept. 14 causing widespread damage and power outages. At 8:30 p.m., more than 300,000 AEP Ohio customers were out of service. ...Read more
O and the other thing. If you don't have electricity you don't have phones. My hotel didn't have a phone. My cell phone was dying and I couldn't charge it because there was no electricity. 

Holy crap am I glad I'm out of there. I am so glad to be home!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you poor thing!

(no subject) said...

glad you are safe!

y were you in ohio?