Monday, July 7, 2008

My mountains and hot tub vacation

I am back from my wonderful vacation in Asheville, NC with a stop at Hot Springs, NC. Lovely dinners out, time with Lo's friends, mountain drives on the blue ridge parkway, hikes along some river near hot springs and much more.

The hot springs place was amazing for the price. It's this tiny town with natural hot springs. For $30 in the evening and even less during the day they pump the mineral water into private hot tubs for you. 

The hot springs made our skin super soft. Plus how great is it to be in a hot tub overlooking a river with trees all around you. It was lovely and so inexpensive.

I got to see where Lo grew up, we drove all around, hiked and walked the dog to the coffee shop. Everywhere we went we saw mountains. So pretty. I've never lived by mountains before so it's really great to be around them. Although I did feel a bit nervous, not because lo isn't a good driver in the mountains, but just because I am so not used to curvy hilly roads. 

All in all, it was a wonderful trip. And thanks to your advice and a bit of counsel I think we did pretty well with the dog. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that last picture. There's a resort I've had my eye on for some time in that part of the country...you're tempting me to really look into it!! - MVL

Unknown said...

That hot tub sounds AMAZING!!
I'v missed you here back in the flat lands.
I used to get soo nervous driving on the curvy mountain roads in new england too! its soo beautiful though!
Glad you had a great time!
can't wait for you to see my (nearly) completed purple things wall!

(no subject) said...

those pictures look amazing! and gorgeous! glad you had a great time!

Anonymous said...

I would love to be there~! Glad you are having a lovely time! :)