Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I'm all girly and domestic this week it seems

I'm all girly, house wifey, and domestic this week it seems. Don't believe me? Let me tell you all about it. (Like you really want to know). But hey I might make some girl a good wife someday. (grin) 

1) I cleaned and rearranged after I got two new coffee tables and a cool mirror from my friend Nic who is moving to Kenya. (see picture) Aren't they the coolest swirl coffee tables. You can't see the one in the corner by the silver chair very well but it even has a swirl base on it.

2) I wore a skirt to work. What? That's girly.

3) I went to a cooking meals event called dream dinners with t. We made three servings of one meal for free to get the hang of it. It's a place where they provide everything for you so you can put together all your meals for a month in about an hour and a half. I think it's pretty cool, but just in case t and I signed up together to share August meals so if we don't like it in the end we shared it. 

What I like most about this idea is that when I am crazy busy in September I will have food ready to go, and I will eat healthy because these meals are all homemade and good for me. Now if I just was doing this with Lo it would be perfect!

At the same time as I'm signing up for this, I wish I was like apron strings. She could cook all her meals for the month ahead of time without this assistance. But, then I tell myself even though I like cooking all right, the time it takes for meal planning, shopping, and having all the right spices for an entire month overwhelms me. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're so sweet to say what you did, but I think I'd actually enjoy the evening you described too! :) Actually, I've been talking with some friends about doing something similar at my place - all pitching in for groceries and having wine and appetizers while we cook things that we can split and share, like yummy soups for fall. Fun! - Apron Strings:)

Sarah said...

Now you just need a sewing machine! :)

titration said...

Apron Strings, do blog about that adventure!

Sarah (grin). I think I may be a better cheerleader of your sewing! Which I dig, but yes that would complete the picture of my domesticness.

Cheryl said...

I am so fortunate to have a partner who loves to cook, wash clothes, and keep the house generally tidy... all things I enjoy the benefits of, but not the initiating of. I take care of the yard and such. We're not really butch and femme, nor into role playing, it's just that the things we like/dislike to do happen to complement each other. It's great!!

Meghan said...

I want to come hang out at your place! It looks so cozy and cute! :)

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a wonderful Dream Dinners experience. We actually have children on our tasting panels; it is amazing to see what kids will really eat. We put kids in a box when we only feed them "white foods". Don’t miss the August menu, our guests voted for their favorites to be on the August Menu. You can get even more ideas on my blog Take care. http://stephanieallen.wordpress.com/