Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I'm back!

Summer is bad for blogging. And I also have been unsure how to explain the prayer retreat I went to with my mom. I find my fears are generally unjustified, but I still keep fearing that at any moment my family will decide stop connecting.

I think the most helpful and interesting dynamic was that while there I got a lot of positive feedback on the work I do, and my general character. I hope that hearing this helped her. She was hearing great feedback from everywhere and hopefully she was able to tell that I am still her daughter who she is proud of. I did ask about bringing Lo for Christmas. After that she asked a few questions about Lo. She hasn't asked any until now. She asked: "How old is she? Does she have brothers and sisters?

Other than that I've been crazy busy. Here are the top 3 things I've done
  • Did good on my presentation
  • Made 2 banners for my church's float in the pride parade.
  • Worked a lot since I've gotten back.
I'm going to try to reflect more intentionally later... Um. I hope.

2 comments:

(no subject) said...

"I still keep fearing that at any moment my family will decide stop connecting." and "hopefully she was able to tell that I am still her daughter who she is proud of." i feel the same way. i am always afraid that for whatever reason, my family's going to say "buh BYE." and i REALLY wish that my mom would see that i am STILL the same me and that i'm still her little girl.
hope to hear more about your retreat =)

Random Reflections said...

Hooray, you're back! You are already asking about Christmas plans. That's very keen!