The corruption of the good by the belief in their own infallible goodness is the most bloody dangerous pitfall in the human spectrum. Once you have conquered all your sins, pride is the one which will conquer you. A man starts off deciding he is a good man because he makes good decisions. Next thing, he’s convinced that whatever decision he makes must be good because he’s a good man. Most of the wars in the world are caused by people who think they have God on their side. Always stick with people who know they are flawed and ridiculous.” -Helen FieldingI read this quote on someone else's blog recently and wanted to keep it for myself. There are many reasons to stick with people who know they are flawed and ridiculous. Here are a few of mine.
People who know they are flawed and ridiculous:
- are more fun
- judge others less
- have a greater ability to "agree to disagree" because they could be flawed and they know they may not be right.
- are able to like other people who know they are flawed and ridiculous (like me).
- can talk about how flawed and ridiculous they are!
- don't assume God is on their side they just want to love God, others...and be loved by God and others with all their flaws.
- think it's funny when people, (OK, I) forget words or say something stupid.