Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Poem: Titrating anger

This is only sortof a poem. Not my favorite and I keep editing the blasted thing. I was crabby. And I posted it and felt a little better. I listened to Sara Bareillies and felt a bit better. Then I saw this picture on Deb's "things could be worse" post here and it made me laugh out loud. So poetry is good for anger. Humor is good. I am pondering other things like throwing a pot--a clay one! :) And no I'm not angry with anyone who reads this blog. And I don't think it's about my parents either.

Titrating anger

Someone said to me the other day "you are delightful"
People who are delightful don't get angry, "Do they?"
But I am. And I want it seen and heard, damn it.
"Um, is that ok?" I say sheepishly.

I am angry that I am angry.
I feel shame that I am angry.
I think I should not ever be angry.
So I try and titrate it.

A drop of blog voice here.
A drop of story about why, and them, and what.
A drop of holding still and feeling feelings,
not running away.

A deep breathe.
And the color changes from red to blue.
There is no explosion.
I might be ok.

2 comments:

Zuzu said...

I think Delightful People get Deliciously angry. And it dawned on me that I totally got the title of that Gertrude Stein poem wrong... it wasn't Precillio Silla.. it was Susie Asado and here it is (you have to keep saying it outloud, or whisper it at least.. wink!):

Sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet tea.
Susie Asado.
Sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet tea.
Susie Asado.
Susie Asado which is a told tray sure.
A lean on the shoe this means slips slips hers.
When the ancient light grey is clean it is yellow, it is a silver seller.
This is a please this is a please there are the saids to jelly.
These are the wets these say the sets to leave a crown to Incy.
Incy is short of incubus.
A pot. A pot is a beginning of a rare bit of trees. Trees tremble,
the old vats are in bobbles, bobbles which shade and shove and
render clean, render clean must.
Drink pups.
Drink pups drink pups lease a sash hold, see it shine and a bobolink
has pins. It shows a nail.
What is a nail. A nail is unison.
Sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet tea.

titration said...

I love that! AND I totally thing the line delightful people get deliciously angry needs to be in a poem. :) WOW.