Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Lord's Day

This was just my day today. It amused me so I just wrote it out....

At 11:30 a.m. today I walked hurriedly eating
wanting to share my pecans with the police woman who drove by
as I came upon a man sitting on a fire hydrant smoking a cigar

I thought it was a dream, but no. It was glorious out
And I drove, past beauties biking,
raindrops and places called "The Northwoods" in the city

I had pretend conversations in my mind
much better than any real ones
true to their impossibility

At work I heard intensity, frustration, and anger
And thought about how I love people who have that ability
to hear, to say and stay, to rage and return

I saw cars, grinned at girl in one
walked past two parked, with people in them doing solitary things
eating and waiting and hiding

And finally after unsanctioned activities, I blogged
in a coffee shop surrounded six youth pastors
planing an event where they'd bring burgers and hot dogs
And worship and play.

It was a good day.
And the pastors next to me said "The Lords Day"
because of course they all are.

1 comment:

ElaineLee said...

What a great post. You make me miss the city. Nice to "see" it again through your eyes. :)