Saturday, April 7, 2007

Interlinking blogs AND body of Christ

So I just posted all about how great this easter (gentle birthing) season is, and then I surf away to look at some of my friends blogs and feel sad. Why you ask? Because I realized that none of them link to me. This is by (my) our choice. It's way too easy for someone who I work with in my church to find me if I was linked to all these other people in my denomination. Right now I think it's wise for my job secruity. It doesn't mean I don't feel sad about all their inter-linking blogs. I'm not going to go so far as saying I feel cut out of the web or body of Christ but...

5 comments:

Zuzu said...

I've got Jesus Camp in my que (haven't seen it yet!) Re: the not linking.. I hope if/when folks where you work find out you're a lesbian that they do not fire you or question your job performance. You deserve better than that as a human - more respect, kindness, support and compassion. Perhaps you might find that they have that for you when given the opportunity to be there for you? And if not, what does that make them?

-Zuzu

Anonymous said...

i can link you to mine soon, very soon:)

-b

Deb said...

Some people forget and some people don’t link for whatever reason. Never feel offended over it though. I don’t think your blog would incriminate you as far as people from your job viewing it. I think the blogs that are risqué or hold content that isn’t suitable for a professional standpoint would make for a case of termination of employment. But, if a job fires you due to your sexual orientation, religion or race, then I think it’s a good chance of fighting back. Then you have the whole deal of whether or not you’ve blogged while on ‘their time’. They have grounds to fire because of that.

Linking------don’t even think of it. I never ask people to link me, because I’m not comfortable doing so. If they like my blog, then I link them. Link them first, and you’ll see you’ll get the same thing back in return. (In most cases.)

titration said...

Hey Deb thanks for your comments.

I also don't ask people to link to me. I've had to ask people not to link to me.

If I stay anonymous and they link to me I should be fine, I'm now just starting to be ok with it. But if I put my name on this thing... Well it's tricky.

Deb said...

Anonymity is a wonderful thing sometimes. :)